I first meet Stef and Ben last September and I know from the very beginning that we would get on great, we had such similar styles and what we were drawn too. They went for an engagement shoot and loved the idea of having a complete contrast to what their wedding day in Belleek Castle would be like, as they wanted to keep their guests guesting. The engagement shoot was shot in Dublin city on a cold, wet November morning, you can see some of the photos here.
So when the day finally came this year for their wedding, I was equally as excited as them! I heading up to Belleek Castle the day before the wedding to meet Stef and Ben as we said we’d have a little walk around the grounds. Now the day before was a bit miserable with the rain and wind but we were hopeful that Stef’s Mam giant Child of Prague would keep the rain away!
It should have been a chaotic morning with four bridesmaids and two mammies getting ready in one room, but it was so chilled. The groom and the groomsmen even managed to fit in a swim before getting ready to clear the heads from the previous nights early celebrations.
The ceremony itself was so different, the celebrant had two bottles of rum in a box, and both Stef and Ben had to place a letter to each other inside. The box can only be opened when the waters get rough to remind them both of their love for each other.
So much detail was put into the day, the rose gold theme throughout with the decorations, the rose gold French bulldog, as Iggy their dog couldn’t come, to the rose gold runners Stefanie wore to walk through the woods, right down to the rings and jewellery. Not forgetting the geometric designed (girl after my own heart) invitations and cake!Swoon!
We got so lucky with the weather, it was on and off raining but the sun came out just in time for the photos and what stunning light it was as we wondered through Belleek Woods. Stef and Ben had no problem wading through the forest floor to chase the light! These two absolutely rocked it!
- Venue: Belleek Castle
- Wedding Dress: Ciara Bridal
- Shoes: Jimmy Choo
- Headpiece & Bangles: ByKyna
- Bridesmaids Dresses: Starla
- Bridesmaid Shoes: Carvela Kurt Geiger
- Flowers: Balla Florists
- Groom(smen)’s suits: Benetti Menswear
- Ties & Pocket Squares: Mrs Bowtie
- Copper Table Accessories: Penneys and TkMaxx
- Cake: Amazing Cakes
- Cars/Wedding Favours: Range Rover and Scratch cards
- Pageboy Sign: Haddy Made
- Makeup & Hair: Makeup: Jenni Bowden and Mandy Shields, Hair: Danielle Garner
- Wedding Bands & Engagement ring & Pocket Watch: Appleby Jewellers
- Ceremony/Reception Music/Band/Dj: Good Times, Shane & Jenni
- Celebrant: Simone Walsh – The Civil Celebrant